I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (I Survived #18) (Library Binding)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (I Survived #1) (Paperback): $4.99
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (I Survived Graphic Novel #2): A Graphix Book (I Survived Graphic Novels #2) (Paperback): $10.99
- #3: Tornado Terror (I Survived True Stories #3): True Tornado Survival Stories and Amazing Facts from History and Today (Hardcover): $12.99
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Prebound): $16.80
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (Prebound): $16.80
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound): $16.80
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (I Survived #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (Prebound): $16.80
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, 79 A.D. (Prebound): $16.80
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (I Survived #11) (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Paperback): $5.99
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Prebound): $15.80
- #16: I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived #16) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (I Survived #17) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #19: I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived #19) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #21: I Survived the Galveston Hurricane, 1900 (I Survived #21) (Paperback): $5.99
A battle that would change the course of World War II...
Eleven-year-old Paul's French village has been under Nazi control for years. His Jewish best friend has disappeared. Food is scarce. And there doesn't seem to be anything Paul can do to make things better.
Then Paul finds an American paratrooper in a tree near his home. The soldier says the Allies have a plan to crush the Nazis once and for all. But the soldier needs Paul's help.
This is Paul's chance to make a difference. Soon he finds himself in the midst of the largest invasion in history. Can he do his part to turn horror into hope?
About the Author
"Tarshis successfully blends historical fact with an involving narrative." -- School Library Journal
Praise for I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79:
"Tarshis serves up another gripping adventure... with the light-speed pacing and death-defying maneuvering fans have come to expect." -- Booklist
Praise for I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863:
"Informative and breathlessly paced." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001:
"[Tarshis] crafts a dramatic, emotionally intense tale that takes account of 9/11's physical and emotional costs -- short- and long-term -- while ending on an upward beat." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005:
"Expressive illustrations capture the drama of the storm and its aftermath, but the book's real power comes from its exploration of what it means to be a hero." -- Booklist
Praise for I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916:
"A gripping story that will hold the interest of reluctant readers." -- School Library Journal