The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need (Paperback)
From top experts in the field, the definitive guide to grant-writing
Written by two expert authors who have won secured millions of dollars in government and foundation grants, The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need is the classic book on grant seeking, providing a comprehensive, step-by-step guide for government, nonprofit, and individual grant seekers. Drawing on decades of experience in grant writing and professional development, Ellen Karsh and Arlen Sue Fox demystify the process of securing grants while offering indispensable advice from funders and recipients.
- Vital information about grantsmanship in today's ever-changing economic and social climate
- In-depth interviews with funders, nonprofit leaders, and policy makers about the grants process
- A new chapter on how to diversify funding and think "outside the box" when grants are scarce
- Concrete suggestions for developing each section of a proposal
- Hands-on exercises that let you practice what you learn
- A detailed description of important websites for grant seekers
- Strategies for developing and presenting programs that are likely to receive grants
About the Author
Ellen Karsh was the director of the New York City's Mayor's Office of Grants Administration for more than seven years, writing grants and teaching proposal writing throughout the city. Prior to that, she developed andwrote grants for the New York City Department of Education for five years. She graduated from Purdue University and has a doctorate in special education from Columbia University. Currently, she is consulting and writing full time.
Arlen Sue Fox created and managed the development department at Sunnyside Community Services, a settlement house in New York City, for ten years. She was previously director of research, planning, and evaluation for the New York City Commission on Human Rights for ten years and a consultant for many years to nonprofit organizations, from small grassroots groups to national organizations including AARP.