The Anxiety Cure For Kids: Little-Known Things That Might Worsen Your Kids Anxiety And How To Fix Them (Hardcover)
Do you ever wonder what your anxious child is feeling?
Do you wish you could take all their worries away?
Are you ready to empathetically relate to their anxiety and learn coping techniques that will support your entire family?
If you find yourself nodding 'yes' to the questions above, you've found the perfect guide packed with your answers.
This book is for the parent who wants to understand pediatric anxiety to its core.
Beginning with an in-depth look at what anxiety really is (through your child's eyes) and leading to a toolbox of applicable strategies you and your child can practice together.
Learning about your children's anxiety doesn't need to be a daunting task.
The exercises inside are meant to evoke a sense of self-awareness that can complement everyone involved.
From an author who understands the parent-child relationship with anxiety, the Anxiety Cure for Kids uncovers what methods parents can apply to help their child feel less fear and become more resilient.
Liz Matheis, a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in assisting children and their families with anxiety, published an article in 2019 titled, Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety in Children.
She states, "Anxiety presents itself in many ways in children that are not always easy to pick up on.
Essentially, anxiety in children tends to manifest as negative behaviors that you may have glimpsed briefly in the past, but that are becoming consistent and intense.
The development of anxiety in children is linked to a situation or perceived event that is frightening or traumatizing."
This thorough guide will help uncover the common fears and worries that may be triggering your child's anxiety.
Dive into the learning and experimental process of getting to know who and what anxiety is so that your child can finally feel their autonomy.
In this book, you'll discover:
- A toolbox of over 14 mental exercises and meditative techniques that can be used RIGHT NOW to keep your kid's worry at bay (even if your other tactics have been ineffective).
- Anxiety Checklist - a hands-on approach to understanding if your child has symptoms of anxiety.
- An in-depth look at what anxiety is and the interconnectedness of thoughts and feelings in a child's life.
- Over 7 case studies surrounding mental disorders that allow you to understand what external factors trigger anxiety and how feelings are involved.
- A break-down of worry and how neurobiological information affects the brain, providing scientific context.
- How to identify and understand the sources of your child's fear (and your own) with a Study Your Fear Questionnaire.
- Why the indulgent parenting style is the best for preventing behavioral problems and what SIX actions a parent can IMMEDIATELY take to support their child.
- How to stop your child from feeding his or her own fear and creating a negative spiral loop of self-sabotage (that can eliminate any progress made).
... and much, much more
Your child's anxiety doesn't need to run your household.
By taking the appropriate steps to encourage an empathetic and supportive environment, you'll be giving your child a fertile ground to properly manage their own anxiety.
Click "Add to Cart" now to step on the path of understanding so that your kid can feel comfortable exploring the world on their own.